Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year update

I haven't updated since Christmas so I thought I would let everyone know what is going on in our neck of the woods:


  • I started student teaching on January 5th. This means that I had to quit my day job at Northcentral University and basically pay to work now :). I went into student teaching (having been a frequent substitute teacher and done my practicum) thinking that teaching was common sense and easy. Now that I am seeing the evaluations and the parent/teacher contact and all of the countless hours that goes into lesson planning I am starting to stress out a bit. I guess I need to change my attitude go back to the way I felt just a few months ago and not sweat the littles things. It is hard because I am a worrier. I really do enjoy the class I am in though. They are 3rd graders and I am really starting to love each of them. They are so cute!

  • My sister had her fourth baby! Little Liberty Jean was born on December 31st. She is a cutie and I can't wait to meet her. There are pictures on my sisters blog. Jeff and I now have 24 nieces and nephews, with the 25th on the way next month. They just keep coming.

  • Our puppies are getting big and they are so cute. They are in their third week now and their eyes opened up just a few days ago. They are still sleeping most of the day and don't squeek nearly as much.















Not much else has happened around here, worthy of blogging. I don't make resolutions because I never keep them, but I do hope to go back on my diet and lose a lot of weight. We would also like to add a new addition to our family soon, hopefully by next year :).

No comments:

Post a Comment