Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gobble Gobble

So Turkey Day is coming fast and I can't wait! I love this time of year. Jeff and I will be spending Thanksgiving Day with his family, as well as the whole weekend (including my bday). Jeff's family has an traditional talent show each Thanksgiving too. Jeff and I are planning a few improv skits and I might even sing (yikes). We have done this almost every year and then we do Christmas with my family.

I really do love cooking Thanksgiving Dinner and wish I could do it every year. I can help out with Jeff's family, but it is just not the same. I did make a Thanksgiving dinner a few years back and ended up having my family over. It was a lot of fun planning and preparing the meal. I like having people over and being a hostess, as stressful as it is. Does this seem odd?

I am grateful for many things, since it is the time to be thankful! I often think about the small and simple pleasures of life that make me happy. I actually started a book of these things over nine years ago, to remind me how lucky I am. I don't have the time to post them all and I know you don't have the time to read them all :) so I will only wet your appetite:

fuzzy socks
chips & dip
snuggling
warm pet on my lap
a clean house
cell phones
Dr. Seuss
laughing till I cry

Have a wonderful and grateful Thanksgiving Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sheesh Kim! I didn't even know you had a blog you stinker! I am so excited for Thanksgiving too, hope you have fun with Jeff's family!

    ReplyDelete