Thursday, February 12, 2009

New Beginnings and Snow Day

On Tuesday our Young Women's program held our yearly New Beginnings program. It went pretty well. We asked 8 wonderful ladies from our ward to present the 8 values to the YW. Each lady got their own room to decorate and many gave out handouts to the YW too. I made some mini cheesecakes that seemed to be a hit (which I am very proud of, since I was baking for hours the day before). Since the theme was "Be Thou an Example" we gave the YW Moroccan lanterns :
They turned out really cute with a tag that says the theme tied on with black ribbon. We also put the flameless candles in them. Overall the night went well.

The same day we also got a few inches of snow here. This is kind of weird for Prescott in mid February. I even got to miss student teaching because they declared it a snow day at school. There were snowmen all over the place too. It was a great day!




1 comment:

  1. You didn't get to see the coolest snowman, cause it was in my backyard. But I am sure the rest were all pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete