Friday, October 24, 2008

Church Callings

When we first moved to Chino Valley we started attending church with the Territorial Ward. Right away Jeff received a calling in Elders Quorum and I received a calling as Young Women's President. I was very nervous but have enjoyed this calling for a bit over 2 years now. I wouldn't know what to do other than working with the young women. They are so much fun and have taught me a lot.

About a year and a half ago Jeff was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. That was an even bigger shock but he enjoyed it. I never got to sit with him at church and he had an awful lot of meetings but it was a fun calling for him. He is now the Sunday School President and teaches the 12-18 Sunday School kids. I think he enjoys this calling even more. We have always had opportunities to serve in the church and I believe our willingness to serve has blessed our lives more than we can count. Keeping busy with church keeps us out of trouble : ).

No comments:

Post a Comment